Fontana North Skatepark
Overview AND DETAILS ABOUT THE
Fontana North Skatepark
The Fontana II skatepark is located in the new Fontana Park and features a street course, Peanut Pool, Roman Pool and a flow run. What is nice about the skatepark is ..
Hours of Operation / Fees if Applicable
MONDAY - FRIDAY 2:00PM - 9:00PM
SATURDAY - SUNDAY 9:00AM 9:00PM
BMX SESSIONS: TUES/THURS/SUN 6:00PM - 9:00PM
RESIDENT $2.00 NON-RESIDENT $2.00
30 days of limited use
RESIDENT $5.00 NON-RESIDENT $7.00
365 days of unlimited use & membership benefits
RESIDENT $25.00 NON-RESIDENT $35.00
Contact InformationFontana North Skatepark 5553 Lytle Creek Road Fontana, California, United States 92336
phone: view phone909-899-5320
website: Official Site
Wearing a Helmet Is Enforced: Yes
Wearing Knee Pads is Enforced: No
Wearing Elbow Pads Is Enforced: No
Has Lights: Yes
Waiver Required?: Yes
Surface Type: Concrete
Size: 20000 to 25000
Has a Pool?: Yes
Has a Vert Ramp?: No
Type of Park: Skatepark
Do I Have To Pay To Skate?: Yes
Type of Location: Outdoor
From Orange County:
Get to the 15 North
Exit Summit go left on Beech
Left on Summit
Left on Lytle Creek Rd
Skatepark is located on the right in Fontana Park
Fontana North Skatepark Description
| The Fontana II skatepark is located in the new Fontana Park and features a street course, Peanut Pool, Roman Pool and a flow run. What is nice about the skatepark is that each feature is separate which reduces the collision factor. However, there are ledges through out the skatepark so keep an eye out for stray boards flying into the pools and flow run. |
The street course features a 8 stair set with a hubba and ledge on each side and a round rail, a manual pad in the middle of the course, a large flat concrete area and ledges with metal edges throughout the skatepark. The street course is fairly minimalistic but has a lot of features that will keep the street skaters coming back for more and was designed with all varying street skill levels in mind.
The flow run is at the back of the skatepark and features a smaller half pipe section, a bowled pocket, hips, a roll-in, 10' bowled section and a large/tight cradle. The flow of the this section is not the best but I am sure if you spent some time skating it you will eventually figure out the lines that will work for you.
The Peanut Pool is roughly 11' deep in the deep end and 6' deep in the shallow end, has tile and Golden State Bullnose coping. This pool is reminiscent to skatepark pools of the past will many comparing the deep end of the pool to one of the pools that was at the Colton Skate Ranch in the early 80's. The shallow end has quick transitions leading to vert and the deep has long transitions leading to minimal vert at tile and more towards the hips. There are some nice lines in the Peanut pool and it is fairly easy to maintain your speed while working the deep end of the pool.
The Roman pool is 9' in the deep end and roughly 4' in the shallow end. This pool features a deep end Roman inset pockets, a smaller deathbox in the deep, and a stair set in the shallow. The pool also features Golden State Bullnose coping and pool tile. The Roman Pool has lines galore and is fairly easy to ride if you can deal with the obstacles.
The Bottom Line
- The skatepark is near perfectly built with a few design flaws here and there.
- The concrete is smooth with no kinks to be found. On opening day the Peanut Pool seemed a bit rough but should smooth out over time.
- The pool coping is great but is a bit quiet when grinding compared to traditional pool coping. This is also a BMX park so we will see how the coping holds up!!
- This is a 60% vert park and 40% street park that should stoke the locals for years to come and get some heavy outside attention from skateboarders around the country and the world.
- If you are a vert/pool skater this is a must hit. If you are a street skater, check it out if you are in the area.
- The skatepark is located in the greater Fontana Park which besides the skatepark has the following amenities: Aquatic Center, Dog Park, walking paths, and playgrounds..
© Copyright Socal Skateparks 2001- All Rights Reserved.
GO TO TOP OF PAGE